Dear Family & friend,
I have been singing a lot in church and am singing this
Sunday, just thought I would let you
know. I kind of forgot to tell you, I have sang 4 solos since I left.
I am extremely tired and have
very little energy so pray for that.
I heard this poem and loved it..
I
am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."
The
die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The
decision has been made. I am a disciple of
Jesus
Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down,
back
away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present
makes
sense, and my future is secure.
I
am finished and done with low living, sight walking,
small
planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams,
chintzy
giving, and dwarfed goals.
I
no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position,
promotions,
plaudits, or popularity. I now live by
presence,
lean by faith, love by patience,
lift
by prayer, and labor by power. My pace
is
set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my
road
is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my
Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought,
compromised,
deterred, lured away, turned back,
diluted,
or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence
of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy,
ponder
at the pool of popularity, or meander
in
the maze of mediocrity.
I
am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until
Heaven
returns, give until I drop, preach until all know,
and
work until He comes. And when He comes to get
His
own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My
colors will be clear.
Love. Elder Chacon
No comments:
Post a Comment