Monday, July 25, 2016

Dear family & friends,                                                         July 25, 2016

It has been an awesome week here in the WA-TAC mission and the work continues to press forward. I had an interview with President Blatter and I told him that my mind is not constantly focused on the work and that no matter how hard I try, I find myself thinking about sports, cars or real estate every so often. He told me "Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly" he then went on to explain that virtue in not always just referring to chastity, but in every aspect of life.  He told me to keep working on it and I would get there. I know that is true, and I’m fully confident that I can be completely obedient in every way.  I have a short hair cut if you can believe that haha... but now is the time for me to prepare myself for my future spouse, future job, and future callings in the church and I want my thoughts to be fully garnished by virtue. 
On a lighter note, just a fun fact about my zone, this area is where the TV show COPS started. It’s very fun to talk with people on the streets. This past week we had an awesome encounter with two homeless ladies. We asked them if they wanted a Jesus card and as they noticed our bikes with no seats that told us to take theirs. We tried to refuse but they would not let us saying that "they had a lot more bike seats back where they stay"...(hmmmm) none the less it was touching to have someone who has nothing, find happiness in sharing and they gave us their seats!  There really is good in all people!
I love my area and love my companion. Take care!
Love,
Elder Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment