Dear family & friends,
I have had another good week here in the Wa-Tac. We have had some storms but not as bad as they thought they were going to be. They predicted 50mph winds up to 80 mph gusts, but it was not that bad. I really love Washington and I'm going to miss it a lot. I like how they have seasons, but don’t love all the rain. I feel like my mission is going by too fast. I hit 15 months this week! By the end of this transfer, I will have spent a quarter of my mission in Parkland. I have good walking legs. I definitely am ready for a car for the upcoming winter.
This week I was studying in Alma 32 the famous chapter, but I learned something new this time. It starts off by Alma teaching some people and the poor come to him and he stops teaching and turns towards the poor and teaches them. I have served most of my missions in areas that are less affluent, but I have seen where love really comes from. It’s been a learning experience to see who wants Gods help and who wants to help themselves. I believe that it is an important element in our lives to seek help from god and not from ourselves. I personally have been humbled. I know that I am nothing without Jesus Christ. I know that this is his gospel and I want to live so I can stand shoulder to shoulder with Christ.
I love you, family. I’m going to Red Robin today and I haven’t been since Havasu and I’m super excited, but I have a problem, I don’t know who will go half burger half salad with me.
Until next week,
No comments:
Post a Comment