Dear Family & Friends,
I had another awesome week in the WA-TAC! I have started a fun project that is taking quite awhile. I am going through the Old Testament in chronological order and lineage of the prophets. I can only do that in my free time which isn’t much. I love studying the lives of people and understanding how God loves each of us and is trying to teach us through his scriptures.
While studying David I come to learn the true power and meaning of the phrase "endure to the end". It’s nice knowing that this phrase pertains to everyone. David started out as a humble shepherd. He became popular after he defeated Goliath. David was a very powerful leader who built up a great army. To make a long story short David lived a wonderful life and was a great leader, but he did not endure to the end. Just like the world we live in today, he was tempted by the ways of the world. Bathsheba was flirting and teasing David. He looked upon her, and was not strong enough to resist temptation and he fell. I have seen families torn apart, Wives have cried to me as children looked up in innocence asking, "Why is my mom crying?" It is sad to see such harmful things happening to families.
I think of my future and want to make good chooses. I tell myself "Do it for the Generations". I know my Grandfathers are close to me, helping me feel the joy of eternal families. I know through God’s plan, families can be together forever. Don’t be like David, stay strong and Endure to the End!
Elder Chacon
No comments:
Post a Comment