Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Lessons Learned *** 1-31-2017

Another great week in the Wa-tac,

this is the last week of the transfer and I bet I will stay. The work is bouncing all over the place and we are at a low right now. I wrote you another letter and it should be there soon, hope you had a great week mom:)

We had stake conference this past week and we had some amazing speakers who talked about families and mercy. Im truly grateful for the family that I have been blessed with. 

This week I was thinking about enduring to the end and a personal analogy came to mind.
Many know of the work I did for my dad in regards to fixing houses. When I was younger I would get dropped off at an apartment to do a certain job. Usually I would fool around and just be plain lazy. In the final moments before my dad would come back to check on me I was filled with anxiety and nervousness due to my lack of work. Already knowing that my dad would eventually check up on me I continued to do this. My dad would come in and be disappointed knowing that I did not give an effort, even with the fake paint splatter in my shirt he knew of the lack of integrity I carried.
Months passed and I began to change. I would work hard and complete the job. not only did I feel good about myself, but I could not wait for my dad to come and check. and just like I knew he would, he came. I would point out the little details with enthusiasm in my voice and eagerly wait for my fathers approval.

This is how we are today. We have been dropped off to do a job, we know that our father with check up on us but yet we sometimes put things off. Are we going to be nervously or eagerly awaiting our fathers appearance.

.....and yes im out of time ....
love you- elder chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment