Another great week in the WA TAC with a nice temperature of 73. I am sooooo happy right now! It’s pretty cool to think how much sunlight has an effect on our countenance.
I just wanted to testify of the Book of Mormon. It is true, and I know it is. It makes so much sense to my mind and heart, and it gives me so much peace and hope. In some of my reading this week, I was reflecting on the story in the NT in John chapter 9.
It tells of a man that was blind from birth and Christ came and healed him. The people around were in disbelief and eventually brought him to the Pharisees. He was questioned multiple times what happened and he answered saying that Jesus made clay and put it on his eyes and told him to wash and so he did, and now he can see. The Pharisees kicked him out and what i read in the following verses is what hit me.
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Doest thou believe on the Son of God?
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped him.
This reminded me of a talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland where he elaborated on a story in the NT "When the Savior inquired as to the cause of this contention, the father of an
afflicted child stepped forward, saying he had approached Jesus’s disciples for a blessing for his son, but they were not able to provide it. With the boy still gnash-
ing his teeth, foaming from the mouth, and thrashing on the ground in front of them, the father appealed to Jesus with what must have been last-resort desperation in his voice:
'If thou canst do any thing,' he said, 'have compassion on us, and help us.'Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
'And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.' "
I believe that to help our unbelief we need the Book of Mormon. We need modern day prophets and apostles. We need eternal families and the power to bind them. so in the last days when the world is a mess we can state with tears in our eyes "lord, I believe" Love, Elder Chacon
No comments:
Post a Comment