I just want to share a story .....
There was a writer who lived by the beach,
Every day before he wrote he would walk along the shore.
One day as he walked along the shore he saw a man in the distance.
It appeared that this man was dancing, as the writer grew closer he saw that this man was not dancing, but picking up star fish and throwing them back past the waves. The writer asked "what are you doing?"
The man replied "throwing the star fish back to the sea."
The writer said “well, better question would be why are you doing that?"
The man continued to through them in and said:"The tide was going down and and the sun would kill the star fish, so I’m throwing them back into the sea.”The writer looked at him funny and said: "but there are miles of shore with thousands of star fish. You are NOT going to make a difference"
The man picked up a star fish and threw it beyond the waves and looked to the writer and said " It made a difference for that one".
I’m not going to baptize every person I meet but if I just mearly make someone smile, I have made a difference. Don't judge people. Just ask "what can I do". I talk to guys who have tattoos on their face and they tell me that they needed to hear my voice. Follow the spirit. While I was waiting for other missionaries, I went through my phone and prayed to know who I should call. I called a lady out of random who has two autistic sons who are about 20 years old. We talked for a while , then the missionaries I was waiting for came back and we got in the car and we drove to someone's house. My phone was about to die and as it did I looked up and the name that the other missionaries randomly picked was her, the same lady I just spoke with. When she opend the door she had tears on her face and said she needed us at that exact time. Repent for the littlest things, repent for your thoughts and your life will change. Turn to the Lord at every opportunity. He can’t guide you if you don't ask. Lastly, listen to a talk given at an efy its about the pre existence and football. idk what its called but he talks in the beggining of them up with "father" and he would tell stories about his life' just try to find it. it is amazing.
I KNOW THAT MY REDEMER LIVES AND I AM A CHILD OF GOD.
Love ELDER CHACON
No comments:
Post a Comment