Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mom's first letter home

Dear Elder Chacon,



I hope this letter finds you well. I have tried several times to sent you an email, but because your account has not been set up yet, I get rejected. I am sending you an email through Dear Elder.com. Dad is wanting to write also.



Harrison, I have thought about you at least 50 times a day since you left. I have prayed for you and know that you are doing well. I am so proud of you and your willingness to service the Lord. Uncle Rich sent me several picture of you as you entered into the MTC and I couldn't stop crying. You looked so strong and so ready to do "The Work". I sent it to a bunch of my friends and they felt the same. You made a huge impression on each of them and they are praying for your well being also. 



We have had a good week at home. I was able to catch up with things that needed to be done around the house. I cleaned up your room a bit more and found sooooo many darli ng pictures of you. I found several school projects that you had done and poems you had written. I allowed myself to enjoy the time and remember all the great times. You were always a fun loving kid that was happy. Dad has struggled with you being gone too! He talks about you more that real estate! It is really rather cute. "Wonder what Harrison is doing now" I wonder how Harrison is adjusting. We have all thought of you and are so proud. 



On Friday, Dad and I headed to the San Diego Temple to witness Taylor sander's Wedding. It was a beautiful day. Taylor was very emotional as the sealer sealed them together for eternities. We then went back to the beach house for just a bit, picked up Brooke and headed to the reception. Taylor had 12 groom's men and it was a super fun reception. Bro and Sis Wishart were there and wished you well on your mission too! They knew you would do a great job. All the friends, Eynons, Tanner, Behrens and us, st ayed to help clean up. I was happy we were able to attend. They even did the Hawka.



We spent the night at the beach house and rode bikes to Great Mex in the morning then headed to Huntington Beach to watch the US Open. Shannon, Brian, Brooke, Dad and I had a a good time, then rode back, rested and rode our bikes again to BJ's for dinner. We came into Corona this morning for church. Bro. Ian Hall (Sr) spoke and really did a great job. He and Krista are working on being sealed in the temple. He spoke from the heart and it was very touching. Dad also invited a new couple from our ward to dinner. They were super friendly and easy to talk with. CJ was officially called to be a seminary teacher and has been teamed up with Brian Knoll. I know they were be a great team!



Brooke is doing well, but I think she misses you. It is really quiet around here. She made a quick video of the two of you as a tribute to you and it was DARLING ! I posted it on my facebook and soooo many people commented about how cute it was. She had about 30 pictures of the two of you together and all the fun times. She loves you too!



Thank you for making your last several weeks so special. I will forever treasure the experiences in the temple with you. You are growing up so fast and I am proud of what I see. 



Harrison, you are in our daily prayers and we think of you so much! We can hardly wait to hear from you and really hope you received this letter. Please make sure your email is set up so we can correspond with you. Also, someone told dad that missionaries can call from the SLC airport, on their way to Seattle airport and talk. IF SO... WE WOULD LOVE TO BE TOGETHER, SO WE COULD BOTH TALK WITH YOU. PLEASE SET UP YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT AND LET US KNOW.



HARRISON, PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN MY CONSTANT PRAYERS. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND CAN HARDLY WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU. 



PLEASE WRITE WITH DETAILS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.



I LOVE YOU!



LOVE, 



MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment