From: Charles Chacon <charles@charleschacon.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Subject: Letter 13
To: Harrison.chacon@myldsmail.net, Charles Chacon <charles@charleschacon.com>, Diane Chacon <dianeschacon@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Subject: Letter 13
To: Harrison.chacon@myldsmail.net, Charles Chacon <charles@charleschacon.com>, Diane Chacon <dianeschacon@gmail.com>
Harrison,
I got so busy, I did not get your letter off in time. I really enjoyed your
poem last week . I am really impressed with your talent in this area. I do have
lots of questions that have not been answered. I understand that you are busy
on P-Day's and all. I am going to email you , but also mail the email with all
my questions. I will leave a blanks so that during the week , you can answer
the questions and with mail it back or reply to my email with the answers
(which ever you want. I love to get emails from you and use your expereinces in
many lessons and even ward council.
I
would love to have a nice long lunch with you or a long paddle board ride
and just ask you some questions about how the last three months have
been.Since I can't do that, I put together some of the questions that I would
ask. I would really appreciate you answering them for me.
Here
are some questions that I have been wondering.
HARRISON
RESPONDED WITH A HAND WRITTEN LETTER BACK ON 11/1/2016 I have typed in his response.
1)
Do you eat dinners with the members every night. I know you are to door knock
from 5-7, so do you eat before or after or do you just eat on your own ?
Not
every night, but most and we eat @4:00pm and members complain about that some
times. The lady that is over our meal
calendar looses it quite often, so we sometimes go a while without eating. Shes’ not the smartest person.
2)
How is the tracting going. They don't do it in our mission. Can you explain a
little your experience with that. I know at the beginning of your mission, you
said it was tough with guns and anti stuff
We find
a ton of people from knocking on doors.
This is something that other missions think does not work, but look at
the numbers. The gun thing… was kinda
random. There are a lot of mean people,
but I don’t care anymore. People will
try to Anii us, but after rebuilding my testimony it does not faze me.
3)
How many do you have in your teaching pool on average. ? A LOT… like we have 8
progressing investigators and there are families in that. We have about 25-25 potential
investigators. We don’t really stay to
long with decent people.
4)
How many lessons are you teaching per week ? What is the mission goal.
We are
teaching about 50-60 lessons and of those, there are about 20 tht are set
appointments and on goal for baptism is 800.
5) I
know you mentioned your ward did not care any about missionary work. Do you go
to ward council and give input there or do they not want you there? I got
the ward to like missionaries and we are working with them
6)
Do you have a ward mission leader and how is he? So I
have 2 wards that I cover so I have Bro Abersal 70 yrs old and Bro. Richardson
30’s. They are really good and come out
a lot.
7)
What is you average sacrament attendance. Our ward is 250 or so. 1st Ward – 100, 2nd ward – 100
8)
What would you say is the hardest thing on your mission so far? I would
have to say not having enough time to Study… You have prepared me extremely
well for a mission. Thank s for
that. I would also say, not being able
to drive.
9)
What do you like the most about your mission so far? The
mission fits me, cool socks, same hair cut, exact obedience is the “Cool”
things and It’s perfect for me.
10)
What has been your biggest discovery about yourself so far? I have
learned a lot about my testimony and
that I have a huge opportunity to help people come unto Christ.
11)
are you taking the medication everyday and how is that going. You seem to be
always positive and that is so great to hear. Yes I am, and it’s going great!
12)
are you taking pictures ? and can you send them to us ? Yes, often and they won’t send, so I was thinking I could send my
sim card to you guys.
13)
Last question. Where are you getting the material for your poems. Do you get to
read literature or are you just dreaming this up on your own ? do you get
to watch church videos ? Where did you get the information on the Anti Anti
stuff you spoke about a couple of weeks ago ? I guess this was more than
one question. I am just thing about it
and no we can’t read that stuff. The
anti gets passed down to Special people within the mission. I am giving it back today.
If
you want to email me back , you can just put a the number of the question and
then the answer. If you write me back , you can do the same or just write it on
the paper I sent you.
I
love you very much and I think of you many times per day. I am so
grateful that you appear to be doing well. I know your letters touch Brooke
also. Keep influencing her for good.
Do
you need anything? Grey Jacket, a book “Seek these things Diligently”, more Adderal
and Germin, GPS.
***
ADDED AT BOTTOM : Hey, I got transferred
to Chimacum Port Angeles Ludlow. It is
in the middle of nowhere and I will be with a guy that came out with me. I will get the address soon. He was transferred to 100-3 Highland
Greenport, Port Ludlow, WA. 98365 with Elder Osmun on 11/2/16. We could not be more proud and grateful for
Harrison’s successes.
Love
always
DAD
No comments:
Post a Comment