Monday, November 30, 2015

I had an awesome Thanksgiving.  it was nice to switch out a bad memory with a good one. I had dinner at the Perkins house and she has made it on my “mom list”. She really cares about the missionaries and is a fun and awesome lady. 

My week was slow because Monday was p-day, Tuesday was normal, Wednesday was district meeting, Thursday was Thanksgiving, Friday was weekly planning, and Sat we went to Brinnon, WA which is 50 miles away (farthest part of our area).  I am excited for this upcoming week to get back on the normal schedule. Transfers are on the 8th and I will know what’s going on this Saturday. 
There was once a little boy who wanted to play with his dad, but the dad was always to busy. The boy would always ask his dad to play catch but the dad would say "I can’t, I’m too busy".  One day the boy asked his father if they could go play catch, and the father being annoyed took a map of the world and ripped it up in to tiny bits and said, "once you put back this map of the world we will go play catch"  The little boy took the pieces and left.  He came back shortly, with the map all in place. The father looked at him in amazement and ask his boy how he did it so fast. The young boy told his dad that he drew a house on the back of the map and said "I knew if I put the house together then the world would be in place too" 
When writing my little sister, Brooke I started to cry when I comprehended the fact that I will be able to be with her forever. 

This gospel is amazing, and I am so grateful to have it in my life.  
Love Elder Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment