Wednesday, November 18, 2015

NOVEMBER 16, 2015 - PORT LUDLOW

Hello family and friends,

My companion is elder osmun and I served with him in the mtc, He is from Utah and he and I work very well together. He has been out the same amount of time as I have so there is a lot of trust being put on us out here. Yes, it is cold out here but I am doing fine. Knocking doors from 5-7 is not to fun because its dark by 5 and we are in the woods.  I spoke in church yesterday and talked on the atonement and how it makes us better.   I read my poem and Isaiah 49: 15-16 and a lot of people loved it.  I need to send you a copy of it, I will have it as  proof that I wrote it because a few people wanted it and told me that it  touched a lot of people and is going to spread.( Idk if it will but just put it in a safe place, still sealed).
A miracle happen this week. In the land that no one baptizes we found two people that want to be. While we were knocking 5-7s we asked this lady who was outside her house if she wanted to hear a message about Jesus Christ. She responded no, we then asked if she needed help with anything ,she asked us if we could help her move a TV. So we went to where the tv was and she brought her sister out and we got started to talking and one of them had just had her husband die six months ago on that day and the other sister had her only son leave for college. She was a single mother and her son was a football star and had all of his friends over to hang out so she was that type of mom and now she’s all alone. We started sharing the plan of salvation with them which is unusual for the first thing to teach but as we did we opened a Book of Mormon we had with us and there was a plan of salvation pamphlet, we never put them in the book, but it was amazing how that happened. After we set up a return apt we prayed and I prayed for her husband and comfort of the other sister and they we both crying during the prayer . We told them we were going to come back and get the TV with our car, and when we came back and were walking up they told us that they want to be apart of our church so we put them on date for the 22nd of this month ... which is my 4 month mark! Yes, it was a miracle, we have a baptism date for two and a TV to give away.   haha.
My thought for the week is I just wanted to say that is the scripture that I keep talking about. Isaiah 49:15-16 is perfect for the description of the love that Christ has for us. When it talks about a mother’s compassion, compassion is a word that would also describe the atonement. Even though our mothers were able to bare us they can not bare our sins. "yea they may forget" .... but he will never forget us, and that brings us to the next verse, The word wall is referencing Jerusalem or wall of protection, and the atonement was suffered just out side of the city walls but the path that Christ was brought in on, to be judged, led straight to the temple, (another for the Hebrew word wall). " they walls are continually before me" .... continually means daily sacrifice in Hebrew, and before is referencing him out side the walls of Jerusalem. The ( ; ) that precedes this sentence causes the meaning to change to have some referencing to the atonement. ....LONG story short Christ has preformed the atonement and loves us more that we can imagine, even though we put up walls between us and him. I pray to understand the atonement more, so I can come closer to Christ, but you don’t’ need to know all the details to use it. 
I’m really just venting and writing to help myself better understand, but I can testify that as I read that verse the first time it meant something, but as I read it again in my talk the power of each word changed and with every word fell a tear, knowing that Christ did that for me. 
I love all of you so much, if we all just had an ounce of the love Christ had for us we would not be seeing the stuff that is going on right now. 
Go and do missionary work while you can..."you can count the seeds in an apple, but not the apples in a seed"

-Elder Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment